Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Best Friend Buys Her First Shotgun


I stopped by the gunsmith to pick up my Kimber Pro Carry II .40 (I'll be posting about the feed ramp polish job the gunsmith did in the next few days), the gunsmith shop is located right next door to a small boutique gun shop in Tacoma, Washington called Mary's Pistols. My best (platonic) female friend, Carmeleequa (that's not her real name) and I, couldn't resist doing a little window shopping while we were in such close proximity to a gun shop, and while we were there, she spotted an eye-catching shotgun which turned out to be the Rock Island Armory M5 shotgun.

As you can see in the photo above, she was ecstatic about her purchase.

She lives alone, not in the best part of town, but not in the worst either. As a single girl, living in an un-gated community, she felt that a shotgun would be the best choice for home defense. The only other firearm she owns is a Walther P22 and well, that just isn't going to do the trick for home defense now is it? I pitched in 100 bucks towards the purchase price as my birthday/XMas gift to her. Nice friend eh?

The Rock Island Armory M5 shotgun is perhaps the best quality, value shotgun on the market today. I'm much happier knowing my best friend has a solid option for home defense. Just the sound of a shell being loaded into a pump action shotgun ought to be enough to scare the "bajeezus" out of any would be intruder.




No comments:

Post a Comment