Tuesday, February 14, 2012

BudsGunShop.com Just Made a Life-Long Customer! (So did Jerry's)


One of the frustrating aspects of being deployed is my inability to purchase firearms!
To pass the time here in the desert, I often make lists of all the guns I want to add to my collection. I read gun magazines and also browse the internet and see all these great deals on some amazing guns, some of which are on my wish lists. But much like a trip to the strip club, I can only look, I can't take anything home.

However, the thought occurred to me to simply ask for an extended layaway. Perhaps a seller might be sympathetic to my situation. What patriotic firearms dealer wouldn't be willing to accommodate a soldier overseas and sell him some guns???

BudsGunShop.com has always been one of my favorite gun store web sites to browse. They have an enormous selection and unbelievable prices. I've purchased from them before and was completely satisfied with their service.

Buds had 3 firearms that I really wanted to buy, ok, they've got tons of firearms I want to buy, but 3 were no-brainers.

Here they are:

A Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm (to replace the one I had to sell a few years back when I was broke and hurting for cash).


A Polish AK37 with an underfold stock. The first time I shot my WASR AK47, I just knew I had to get another one. It's like that with AKs, you AK lovers out there know what I am talking about. One simply isn't enough!


And the one to top them all, A Sig Sauer P226 9mm with Diamond Plate engraving on the slide!


The Sig P226 with the Diamond Plate engraving is a limited edition model. It holds 15 rounds and comes with night sights. There's no way I was going to pass this one up.

I can't thanks BudsGunShop.com enough for taking care of my request for an extended layaway. Their web site is one of the best I've seen as far as taking care of the customer. They use an excellent support ticket program that's easy to use. For example. right after I submitted my order, I noticed that I had accidentally placed an order for a P229 (compact version of the P226), as soon as I noticed the error I simply submitted a trouble ticket. They make it easy to find and easy to use their customer support area. They even have a live chat for customers to use to get most questions answered immediately! That's how you do things.

But Buds wasn't the first to accommodate my request, that distinction goes to a pawn shop in Florida called Jerry's. I was browsing GunBroker.com and came across a really clean looking Yugo Mauser 24/47. I've already got a 24/47 but it's kind of beat up. I figured I'd send a nice email to the seller and ask if they'd allow me an extended layaway on the rifle. Much to my pleasure, I got an email back saying yes and thanking me for my service! I just have to wait a couple days to make sure the reserve isn't met on the online auction (it still isn't). I should hear from them tomorrow about making arrangements to purchase the rifle. Thanks Jerry's! Be sure to check out their auction listings at GunBroker.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment