Saturday, March 16, 2013

Maverick 88 Shotgun

I have been in the market lately for a shotgun that would be good for hunting, shooting skeet, or trap that could also be used for home defense as well.  After shopping around for a while I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to be able to find one the I would be able to do both with, without breaking the bank. 

On a trip down to the local Wal-Mart to pick up some shotgun shells for my friend's new Mossberg 500 pump he had bought with wood furniture I come across this sweet looking Maverick 88.  I asked the clerk if I could look at it and what the price was and just as she is handing it to me and I am starting to fall in love with it she tells me $189.00.  Without hesitation I say I'll take it.  I am looking forward to shooting it within the next couple of weeks. I will post videos at a later date along with the 2 Ishvek 91/30s I recently purchased.

On another note one thing I have to say is how surprised I was when I removed the 28" barrel and found that the Mossberg's 18.5" barrel mounted up to my platform with no problems at all.  After a little research I found the shorter barrel which is meant for home defense online at http://www.maverickarms.com/pages/barrels.html for only $80 and some change.   Two shotguns for the price of one.  You gotta love it when things work out so well. Here are some pictures I took earlier today with the 2 different barrels installed.




No comments:

Post a Comment