Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Video - Day at the Range with My Sister! Ruger 10/22, AR15, AK47 and Mosin Nagant 91/30.

It was a family affair at the range yesterday. My sister and new brother-in-law stopped by to visit me on their way to their new life in Chicago. Their cross country trip brought them to Washington and a trip to the range was most definitely in order.

They are both novice shooters, so I started them out on a Ruger 10/22 with a red dot scope but we quickly moved up to my DPMS Panth Arms AR15, then my WASR AK47 with laser and lastly a 1944 Izhevsk 91/30 Mosin Nagant and yes, my sister did in fact, have a bruise on her shoulder at the end of the day.

Her favorite rifle was the WASK AK47 equppied with a laser, because as a novice, she was having trouble using iron sights, as on the AR15. She was hitting the mark, however, with the laser. As for my brother-in-law, he really enjoyed shooting the Mosin Nagant. They were both able to get their shots "on paper" after a few rounds and a fun day was had by all.

It was great to see my sister, I wish her good luck starting a new life, with her new husband in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment