Sunday, August 19, 2012

At the Range with my Best Buddy Ryan (and our firearms).

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the sport of shooting, for me at least, is the joy of sharing my firearms with my friends and visa versa, this is especially true when it comes to my inner circle of friends. My army buddy Ryan is one of these close friends who I very much enjoy going shooting with. Ryan was my first roommate in the army, he has since moved onto greener pastures but we keep in touch and go out to the range together whenever the opportunity presents itself. As it so happens, Ryan's girlfriend River was in town visiting from the great state of Tennessee and what better way to welcome her to Washington than with a day of shooting?

We brought out a nice variety of firearms including Ryan's 1943 Mosin Nagant 91/30, my 1946 Mosin Nagant M44 and Polish AK47 underfold (always a fan favorite). For handguns, Ryan brought out his classic 1060's era Smith and Wesson 38 Special and my Kimber Pro Carry II in .40 caliber as well as my Springfield 1911-A1 in .45 ACP. I'm happy to report that after this range session, I'm finally feeling more confident in my Kimber Pro Carry II in .40 as a concealed carry firearm. The Kimber magazines were crap, so I ordered two Mec-Gar magazines and they worked almost flawlessly.

Enjoy the video!

See you when I come visit y'all in Tennessee, River!

No comments:

Post a Comment