Sunday, December 1, 2013

Korean War Museum Redux

I found myself in downtown Seoul recently with time on my hands. I had been to the Korean War Museum a few months ago but it was part of a cultural exchange program and that tour only last about an hour an half, no nearly enough time to see the entire museum, it's quite expansive. A return visit to the museum was a no brainer and on this occasion, we took our time.

There's a fantastic documentary about the Korean War available on You Tube. I highly recommend it if you want to familiarize yourself with the details and timeline of the war.



Enjoy my photos of the museum!

KOREAN WAR MUSEUM AND MEMORIAL






B-52 Bomber




Korean Navy Cutter


North Korean U-100 Tank Destroyer




T54 / T56 Tank. North Korea


American Tanks - Korean War Era



Sherman Tank


Korea's version of the Abrams Tank, the K2 Panther 


Katyusha Rocket Launcher



Apache Helicopter



P51 Mustang


War Memorial





Half track.










United Nations votes on Korean police action resolution.


M1 Garands. Oh my lord, I want to break the glass and run off with them all!



US Small Arms - Korean War





French Army Small Arms - Korean War




View of Seoul from the War Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment