Sunday, May 22, 2016



What a great way to spend the day with old friends!

Justin and Juan were both soldiers in my section back at Camp Casey. It was great news finding out that they were both here in El Paso. We enjoyed a great day at the range (it also proved to be an excellent hang over cure) shooting a variety of firearms including my Rock Island M5 12 gauge pump action shotgun, 7.62x54r Chinese Type 53 (1956), my new Ruger 10/22 and my new CZ Mallard.

We shot 25 rounds each at the trap shooting complex but we didn't score or shoot by proper trap standards because well, we just wanted to have fun and we don't know how to properly shoot or score a round of trap. As I discovered with a simple Google search this morning, it's not that difficult. We'll go back and do it again by the book next time.

My new Ruger 10/22 showed typical symptoms of a new .22LR firearm. It was picky about ammo, preferring on this particular day some American Eagle over CCI (Go figure). It seems that ANY new semi-auto .22LR firearm, pistol or rifle, is going to be picky about the ammo you put through it.

All in all it was a great day and I am happy to have two close friends here in my new home town.

We have another Korean veteran / friend coming to town to visit next weekend for Memorial Day and we are planning to hit the range again!

Be sure to subscribe to my You Tube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/c/MyGunDiary





















No comments:

Post a Comment