Sunday, February 10, 2013

Video - Ashley's First Time... Shooting a gun!

It feels great to be able to post videos again. I just received my new lap top computer this week, so it;s nice to be back at the editing table.

It's been a stressful few weeks, both personally and professionally, which prompted me to invite one of my soldiers, who has also been stressed out, his lovely wife Ashley and a couple other friends, for a night of shooting and pizza!

We had a great time, my good friend Ryan, who has been featured in several previous videos, brought along his brand new Remington R1 -1911 and boy was I ever impressed. It had an impressively light trigger pull, even lighter than my Springfield 1911-A1. I brought along a variety of firearms including; Smith and Wesson 3913 and 5906, Sig Sauer P226 and a couple of shot guns, the CAI double barrel and the Rock Island M5 pump action.

The Rock Island M5 recently came back from the gun smith with a clean bill of health. The good news, as you will see in the video, is that the M5 functioned flawlessly shooting two different brands of buck shot, however, not so much the next day when I attempted to again shoot target shot through it at the skeet range. A return trip to the gun smith simply got me a "it doesn't like target loads" answer, and that's ok, because it's primary use is as a home defense shot gun and slugs and buck shot is what I'll be putting through it. So in my book, it's good to go.

All in all it was a fun evening punctuated by delicious pizza, as you know, I always enjoy sharing my enjoyment of shooting with my friends, which made this particular evening, a resounding success!

Enjoy the video and stay tuned for more coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment