Friday, February 10, 2012

My First Kimber - in 9mm?


I'm a big fan of the 9mm. It's not a caliber that's going to overwhelm the average shooter. I feel confident with that round, it's easy to reacquire my target after each shot, basically, I'm most comfortable with it. So when it came time to purchase a 1911 I knew exactly what I wanted, and boy was it ever satisfying to bring my first Kimber home, the Pro Carry II.

As far as mechanical works of art go, I rank this pistol right up at the top. It's beautiful, clean, simple and sleek. With a 4 inch barrel it makes for a perfect concealed carry firearm and it's no surprise it's my concealed carry firearms of choice. 

Why would anyone choose a 4 inch barrel, 9mm as their first 1911? Well, because I knew perfectly well that a classic, full-sized 1911 in .45ACP wasn't far off. Also, at this point in the build up of my arsenal, I was still after practical pistols that would suit my concealed carry needs.

Springfield would supply me with my first full-sized 1911 but another Kimber is on my list of must-haves. The next one will be a Custom CDP II, and will surely be the pearl of my handgun collection, stay tuned!

I did have a few failure to ejects right out of the box. It required about 100 rounds to break in, but after she was broken in, she was as smooth as silk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment