Saturday, February 4, 2012

The first pistol I owned was a...


Gun fever struck me like a brick in the face. I had been enjoying my Bushmaster ORC for several months, all the while renting a variety of pistols at the gun range. I decided that my first firearm purchase would be the venerable Smith and Wesson M & P 9mm



The M & P is sleek, smooth and reliable. As I mentioned in my first post, the Scottsdale Gun Club allowed rapid fire on their range and boy did I put the M & P to the test. Between the shooting I did at the dry creek bed behind my house and the indoor range at SGC, I must have put 2500 rounds through my M & P without a single malfunction. I could squeeze as fast as I possibly could and she never missed a beat. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go out there like some crazed amateur, I did my share of shooting for accuracy as well, but who are we kidding? There's nothing like the feeling of emptying a magazine while shooting at your fastest possible rate of fire. The point is, it's difficult to find any shortcomings with the M & P. 

It was a bittersweet moment when I joined the army, needing the cash and knowing that it would be sometime before I was to enjoy the pleasure of shooting again, I sold both my firearms. But it wasn't long before I began to start-up my hobby again. 

I have yet to purchase a new M & P. I'd really like to find one in the flat dark earth package but they are extremely hard to come by as they were a Cabela's exclusive production. I'm keeping an eye on the auction sites, waiting for my chance to grab one.



It's easy to find another all-black M & P, but this flat dark earth color scheme is just too pretty to pass up. Eventually one will come up for sale somewhere. Anyone got one they want to sell me?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment